PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BEFORE MAKING ANY PURCHASES.
If you wish to buy the tablet version of Dorset Life – The Dorset Magazine, you will need to download the Dorset Life App first (see below).
FOR APPLE DEVICES
If you have an Apple iPad, iPad mini or iPhone, please click the iTunes logo above:
If you do not already have an Apple ID,
you will be asked to create one before you can
download the Dorset Life App
FOR ANDROID DEVICES
If you have a non-Apple tablet or phone , please click on the Google Play logo above:
If you do not already have a Google ID, you will
be asked to create one before you can download
the Dorset Life App
Once you’ve done that, you can have a look at our free taster edition of Dorset Life – The Dorset Magazine to get a feel for what it’s like before you buy, then select either from single issue purchases or from one of a range of purchasing options.
And remember, if you want to buy Dorset Life as a gift for someone living overseas, it costs the same as it would if they were resident in the UK. Click on the Subscribe tab for more details.
The Dorset Life app: Frequently Asked Questions
Part one: before buying
- I have an iPad and and iPhone, do I need to buy two app subscriptions?
If you use the same Apple ID on both, then you only need one subscription to view the app on both devices.
- I have an Android smartphone and an Android tablet, do I need to buy two app subscriptions?
If you use the same Google Play ID on both, then you only need one subscription to view the app on both devices.
- Can I buy direct from Dorset Life, or do I have to go through the Apple Newsstand or Google Play stores?
You can buy a subscription (either for yourself or as a gift) direct from Dorset Life by clicking on the subscribe tab at the top of the page;
single-issue purchases have to be made (depending on which device you have) via the Google Play or Apple Newsstand stores.
- Can I buy a gift subscription from the Apple Newsstand or Google Play stores?
At the moment, gift subscriptions are only available direct from Dorset Life.
- I don’t have a tablet or smartphone, can I use the app on my Mac or PC?
Owing to the way that apps work, they can only be used on devices with so-called “mobile” operating systems like iOS for Apple or Android for other devices.
Part two: activating a subscription you have bought direct from Dorset Life
- I have followed the instructions in the email, but I cannot get the subscription to work. What should I try next?
If the first issue with which you have started you subscription has not yet been published, you will not be able to access any issues without buying them individually.
If you have activated the “notifications” feature of the app, you will receive a message on your device’s screen when your first free-to-view issue becomes available.
- If you have tried by entering the username and password manually into the appropriate boxes, but receive an error message stating user unknown, we strongly advise forwarding the email containing your user name and password to your mobile device. Select and copy the username from that email, then paste it into the app username box; repeat the operation with the password.
If the subscription does not show any free-to-download issues, please see the answer (to number 1) above.
Part three: activating a subscription which has been bought for you
- I have followed the instructions in the gift card, but I cannot get the subscription to work. What should I try next?
If, for example, the subscription had been given as a Christmas present in 2013, starting with the January 2014 issue, it could not have been activated until 20/12/2013.
When entering the username and password from your gift card manually into the appropriate boxes, ensure that you use Capital Letters where shown in the username and password; both are case-sensitive. There should be no spaces in, before or after either the username or password.
- In the event you are still having problems, please send an email to the address below. Please include details of your device and the desired start date of the subscription.
If you have any other questions about the app, please call the Dorset Life office on (+44)1929 551264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB The Dorset Life office is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday; if you have any queries outside these hours, please send an email and we will respond to it as soon as we can.